In March 2013 the Government announced that it as to provide funding of £600 million per annum, for the academic years 2013 to 2017, to improve PE and sport in primary schools in England.
For our school that equates to £8,000 per year (commencing in the 2015/16 academic year) plus £5 per pupil from Year 1 to Year 6.
The vision being that all pupils leaving primary school are physically literate and have the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Our PE and Sports Grant for 2015/2016 was £8,300 and was spent on:-
- Employing specialist PE staff and coaches to provide a variety of PE activities.
- Purchasing initial resources to enhance the PE curriculum.
- Enhancing the knowledge and skills of TAs to support the delivery of PE and allowing them to support extra-curricular PE along with coaches.
Our PE and Sports Grant for 2016/2017 is £8,600
This is how we intend to spend our allocation.
To employ a specialist PE teacher to:-
- Develop the PE curriculum.
- Work with class teachers and TAs to deliver high quality PE lessons.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality PE for two hours per week per child.
- Oversee the provision of extra-curricular activities both before and after school.
- Develop the PE equipment in line with the curriculum needs of our growing primary school.
The impact of our Sports Premium Money will be:-
- Improved knowledge and skills for teachers and TAs improving consistency of approach and quality of PE.
- More children taking part in extra-curricular activities.
- Children developing a higher level of competence in a range of activities.
- Increased participation.
- Links across the curriculum.
- Sport and healthy lifestyles are an integral part of each child’s experience.